Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Turning Vegas Purple

This upcoming Saturday is the BTS concert. BTS is a South Korean music group comprised of 7 members if you haven't heard of them before. 

BTS' group of fans is called "ARMY". I'm particularly excited because I became a fan during the pandemic and have not had the chance to see them live yet before. A few months ago, before the concert was even announced, I purchased an ARMY lightstick for the group. The lightstick is pretty self-explanatory; it's designed to have the group's name and can connect to their music videos to light up in different, ordered sequences. At the concert, I'll be able to connect the lightstick to my concert seat and shapes and designs are displayed throughout the crowd. I cannot wait to be in the middle of the madness and just have the time of my life. 

The best part is that the concert is only 1 portion of their overall "Permission to Dance" Vegas experience. They are hosting other events around the city and I'm hoping to catch the light/water show at the Bellagio Fountain. 

For fun, if you want to, please look up the 7 members and comment who your favorite would be and why based off first impression! :)

12 comments:

  1. A seven-member band? Interesting. A lightstick that connect to their music videos to light up in different, ordered sequences, how cool :-) Not just the concert but hosting events around the city to promote themselves, brilliant!

    Sounds like you will have the time of your life this weekend and there is no classroom meeting due to Spring Break to boot ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTS was literally everywhere when I still lived in Hawai'i. I probably heard them on the radio at work no less than three times a day.

    And that was just at work.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTS concert, credit to them for the build up of traffic on the freeway due to people trying to read the giant billboard display for the stadium. Not just BTS but any event. The kids go crazy for this group, probably because they are all young and cute. Not my type of music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am JEALOUS. I am waiting for the day TWICE, EVERGLOW, or Blackpink to come to Vegas... hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me and my husband do security at Allegiant Stadium, and It was so crazy busy. I only took 1 shift lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're gonna have a blast, enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only Korean pop group I've heard about was Blackpink and they sound amazing, but I wouldn't ever go to a concert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The few days BTS was here were crazy. They were all I saw on social media, I even stumbled on a tattoo shop that had a BTS flash sheet the weekend of the concert. The shop looked packed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter likes their music videos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like fun. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could write an entire essay on this group and I don't even listen to them haha
    My sister and cousin on the other hand, they are a different story. My sister went to her first BTS concert like 2 weeks ago and my cousin has seen them so many times that I lost track after 8. They have also told me something along the lines of "Jimin is your bias." Look, I can only quote this, but I honestly can't explain what that is

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite member is Nan-joon or RM! I really like his verses and his style.

    ReplyDelete