Tuesday, March 1, 2022

IS101 Introspection

Why am I in this class?

Honestly, I had no intentions of taking this class, and I did not research what the class would be about before registering. I needed an elective prerequisite course for my major and IS101 was the first recommended course that had open seats. This specific session was the best time for my schedule.

What is my proudest moment?

My proudest moment of IS101 so far is applying the information I am learning about Windows OS and Microsoft Office Word. I mean two months ago I was not able to say I am Microsoft Office Word proficient, today I can say that I am a bit more. I am using Word and creating templates, posters, and more for multiple different uses at work. Just being able to play around with Word clicking on every tab inside of a tab to learn yet something else I never knew I needed to know, but now can use.

12 comments:

  1. Glad IS101-3010, Spring 2022 had an open seat that fits your schedule at the time of your search :-)

    Yes, you are not only proficient in using Microsoft Word but certified so by Microsoft Corporation!

    You will have more proud moments later in the semester ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! I've picked up quite a few useful habits and tricks I know I'll be able to use in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have learned so much about Word as well. After high school I haven't used it as much and I lost most of my proficiency. Now I am refreshed and more adept at using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the most impactful classes you end up taking are the ones you had no intention of taking, or thought you would never take. Life's funny that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same! I wasn't planning on taking this class at all (I was actually going to take HR Management), but on late notice I found out that IS101 was a requirement for the business school at UNLV, so now I am here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! You'll be able to put a lot more knowledge in the real world soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also had no expectations when I signed up. I thought it was going to be useless and a back-burner type of class but i've learnt so much already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Computer literacy is very important for college, and life outside of college.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great feeling when you're able to apply what you learned in class to your day to day life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to that. I remember the advisor going over potential classes I could take. I chose one, but it wasn't available. Then I chose this one, and it was available, but I had no clue what it was at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am using the things ive used in my personal life and it makes things so much easier to organize!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know what I was signing up for, but it was a requirement for my major.

    ReplyDelete