Saturday, February 12, 2022

I Can Share That?

Something new I learned in chapter 2 was in section 3: File Management specifically 2.3.6 Sharing Storage Facts. First off, I did not know it was possible to share files and folders in the file explorer. I guess I should have known since I share files and folders in Google Drive daily with my traveling friends.

I would like to use the Windows file sharing at work because being able to just have access to files without having to email them to my coworkers or ask for them to be sent to me. It will alleviate issues when finding or accessing files when someone misses a day at work.

I am excited to bring this up to my Office Manager because all the office computers are on a shared network. He is often not in the office but is the only one with certain master copies from many documents we use to print patient paperwork or referrals. I am also the only Medical Assistant in the office and the only one who has access to certain laboratory information and, I now work part-time. If I could just store the lab results in a shared network folder then everyone including our physician will have access if I am not there to send or print out results when the reports are first published.

I am looking forward to being able to manage my workload better even when I am not in the office.

15 comments:

  1. You can share files and folders in the Windows operating system :-)

    I'm elated that you will use what you learned in IS101-3010 to your workplace ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started making email rules for work now

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a state employee, and office work was something I did 40+ hours a week, things like this would have made my start so much easier. It definitely is very useful in the work place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, I give you props for the title. That's creative! I like it. Second of all, the file sharing is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, file sharing makes life so much simpler lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very convenient. No need to travel around with an external hard drive anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. File sharing does make things easier. I am glad to have learned this lesson as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. File sharing is super useful and makes life much easier, great topic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though I might complain about school, I really love applying what I learn to life outside of school. glad to see you doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is interesting to understand how much of the things we learn in this class can be applied to our everyday professional life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use file sharing at work and its so useful to access shared documents amongst coworkers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. At my company we have a share file folder. To be honest I don't really use it. I keep my files on my desktop which isn't much. We use a web based program so my management team can just log in and they can see our work flow as I am creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. File sharing is great. What I am learning now, I wish I knew years ago. IS101 should be a requirement for all college beginners.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too thought that it was super cool. I knew that there were ways to share the items, but I didn't know that you could do it without having to open the actual file that you needed or that you could share a whole file.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! This is super helpful at work when you dont want certain things changed too

    ReplyDelete